Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) is implemented to improve the learning and wellbeing of all students at Dundas Public School.
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) brings together the whole-school community to contribute to developing a positive, safe and supportive learning culture. The framework assists schools to improve social, emotional, behavioural and academic outcomes for children and young people.
When PBL is implemented well, teachers and students have more time to focus on relationships and classroom instruction. Students and staff benefit from:
- reduced inappropriate behaviour
- increased time focused on instruction
- improved social-emotional wellbeing
- positive and respectful relationships among students and staff
- support for teachers to teach, model and respond effectively to student need
- a predictable learning environment where staff and students know what is expected to deliver effective practices that can be sustained over time
The following awards systems are used within the school to promote and reward positive behaviour.